Friday, July 8, 2011

Work In Progress

If you follow this blog on Facebook, you might have seen me mention recently that I was going to be working on some videos to share here with you. Well, I did do some work on them, but I obviously have a lot to learn about the process.

I know, you're probably thinking, "C'mon, Wendy, it's not that hard! Millions of people put videos on YouTube all the time. Do you really expect us to believe that you couldn't accomplish even that simple goal?"

And to that, I offer you the following as proof of my attempts.

This first video is me trying to show you the home notebook I put together.



Less than six minutes of footage, and we killed the batteries in the camera.

This next video has me behind the camera, letting my husband attempt to give an honest demonstration of the differences between home-grown, organic tomatoes and the store-bought, hothouse variety.



Again, the batteries died. Just when he was starting to get comfortable with it, too.

Lessons learned? First off, it would've helped if we'd had a little better idea of exactly what we wanted to say before we hit the record button. Second, don't attempt to share more than one idea per video. (Cookbooks and home notebooks are two separate things, even if I did put them both together myself.) Third, and most important: MAKE SURE THE BATTERIES ARE FRESH!

I will have complete videos soon. Like everything else about my life, it's a work in progress.

2 comments:

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

Videos ARE hard, but I think you both did a great job!!! Love the idea of putting Bible verses in your home notebook. And even though the video cut Eric off, I'm sure he was going to say that the hot house tomato doesn't have much taste. I was never a tomato fan until last summer when I started buying them from a local farmer. Now I love tomatoes! I still won't eat the ones from the grocery store, but I love the fresh, local tomatoes!

Wendy said...

Thanks Heather! Coming up with the individual Bible verses was my favorite part of putting the notebook together. :)

And you are correct...what the video of Eric didn't catch was him saying "It doesn't even HAVE a taste!" It was actually quite eye-opening for us to find out how big the difference is, and I'm hoping we'll be able to convey that in the "real" video. The more I compare REAL food to what I've been eating all my life, the more I feel compelled to share with others how huge a difference it really is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails