Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The family that works together...

Confession time: I haven't always been good about letting the kids help out. I've struggled for a long time with nurturing my children's desire to be involved when they're little. I always felt in too much of a rush to get all my work done instead of taking the extra time needed to teach them. The fact that I start channeling Monica Geller-Bing the minute I get going on a project doesn't help. Yeah, I have control issues.

Can I say that I've been working on it? And getting a little better about it? Yes, I think I can. As my family has grown over the years, I've come to learn the value of building a sense of teamwork in my children, and that working together really can be fun!

So last week, when one of the herb beds needed to be re-mulched, we all got in on the act.


IMG_0411


IMG_0412
Yes, Ben, just scoop 'em right in with your hands.


IMG_0415
That's it, Mary...all the way to the top.


IMG_0407
Just take it straight to the place I showed you...


IMG_0408
...and dump them right in.


IMG_0409
Way to go, Ben!


IMG_0410
My little man was determined to show what a strong boy he's becoming.


IMG_0416
But Sarah wasn't about to let her big brother show her up.


 IMG_0417
She was dead-set on proving that she could handle the job, too.


IMG_0421
The old saying is true, "Many hands make light the work." 


With everyone working together, the job was done so quickly, even
Daddy could afford to take a break.


IMG_0405
And that's the best part of working together as a family.

2 comments:

Tiany said...

What a lovely post!! Loved the pictures and small glimpse into your family, thanks for sharing. You are blessed my friend!

Hugs & blessings,
Tiany

Wendy said...

Thank you Tiany! I am very blessed. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails