Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fresh From The Garden

I'm so excited that our garden is starting to produce! After months of hard work (and some unavoidable setbacks along the way), I'm thankful we're beginning to enjoy the fruits of our labors.

And so are the kids.


Over the next several weeks, I'll be writing more about the different varieties of vegetables and herbs we're growing here on the farm, and hopefully answering a few questions like "What are GMOs and why are they bad?", "What's the difference between heirloom vegetables and everything else?", and "What can I do with herbs besides add them to my cooking?"  (Lemon balm tea, anyone?) 

Got questions or suggestions for anything specific you'd like to know more about?  You can leave a comment here, drop me a line at barefootmomlady at gmail dot com, or contact me thru my Facebook page.  I'd love to hear from you!

7 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

oh wow, we still have frost overnight so it will be another 2-3 weeks before we can even plant our garden!!!!

You are so lucky to have a early garden :-)

Wendy said...

We started our seeds indoors back in January...turned the entire sunroom into a greenhouse! Still, we're fortunate to have gotten an early jump on getting it all going outdoors. Benefits of living in the South! lol

Mika said...

YAY! I can't wait to read more! I'm learning so much from you and Eric!!!

Wendy said...

Thanks Mika, we're always glad to help!

Stacy Uncorked said...

The weather is finally cooperating so I'll finally be able to start planting this weekend - can't wait until I get to where you're at with your awesome looking veggies! ;)

WW: Dinosaur & Dragon Conga Drama

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

I had some great spring lettuce & spinach but that's done now. I have cucumbers reading for picking. And I have baby zukes, baby tomatoes & even saw a blossom on my eggplant! Can't wait!!

Wendy said...

Stacy, good luck with your garden and thanks for stopping by!

Heather, that is one thing I enjoy about living in the Carolinas...multiple gardens per year! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails