Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Flight and Fright

Most of you know about the situation with my father. (If you're joining us late, you can read about it here.) After talking and praying with my husband, we've decided to fly me out to spend a week with Dad and my sister. She's been taking care of him since his hip surgery, and I'd like to be there to give her some help, even if it's only for a few days, while I have the means and the opportunity. There won't be too many more chances like this left.

I know my husband's going to miss me, but at this point he's probably ready to put me on the plane. I've become the ultimate "Nervous Mom", trying to cover all the bases and leave as many things done as possible. The freezer and cabinets are full, the laundry is done (a feat in itself!) the house is clean (more or less) and I've gone over all the pertinent info he might need in my absence (passwords, phone numbers, where the band-aids and Neosporin are...)   Have I mentioned that I've never been away from my little ones for even one day since they were born?  Or that I've only flown twice in my entire life?  Gee, do you think I've got reason to be nervous?  Yeah, pretty much.  Deep down, I know I've been stalling but I think the only thing left for me to do is pack.

Which I guess I'd better go do right now.  See you in a week.

5 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

Praying that you have a safe trip

Crazed Nitwit said...

Good call. I think you'll be glad you spent some time with him.

Hugs and prayers.

Liz Winterburn said...

Praying you have safe journey. God will meet all your needs through Christ Jesus. Remember your hubby & precious little ones are in His hands.

Rachel said...

Remember to take each experience, even scary ones, as a chance for learning and growth :) -hugs- You'll be fine, can't wait to hear how things go!

Lisa said...

Prayers for safe travels! And I hope all goes well with family in both places. You'll be fine - I've flown many a time. And you can enjoy the free food...wait, they don't have that now...enjoy the free snacks...oh wait...I mean your free soda! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails