Friday, January 28, 2011

Through Darkness and Light


"I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things." Isaiah 45:7

Bad things happen to good people every day. Hard-working men and women lose their jobs through no fault of their own. Beloved parents and friends get stricken with cancer and face the frightening prospect of a tough battle with an uncertain outcome. The bliss of pregnancy ends prematurely with the shattering heartbreak of miscarriage. And in our pain and anguish, we cry out the only question there is...why? Why would a God that loves us allow bad things to happen?

Sometimes, a door is closed so another can open. Sometimes, we share desperately needed words of encouragement because we know what that pain feels like. Sometimes, hearts are softened and eyes are opened to the truth of a Savior.

Sometimes, we live our entire lives without ever knowing an answer to why things happen beyond the fact that "we live in a fallen world".

Whether good or bad, whether joys or sorrows, as I walk this path led by faith, I know only this...There is nothing that touches my life that hasn't passed through God's hands first. Through darkness and light, I will praise Him. 

Will you join me?

5 comments:

punkinmama said...

How did you know I needed to read this?

Wonderful post.

Mrs. Stam said...

what a powerful post!!!

Angela said...

Love this post. It made me think of something I was reading today that goes like this: "we must look at our situation not as punishment but as a journey God will make with us."

TP Craft said...

Excellent post.

Jessica Heights said...

Yes, I will! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails