My excellent Twitter and Homeschool Lounge friend Shawntele decided to tag me in a Seven Things (Almost) Nobody Knows About Me meme. Guess that means it's time to spill the beans about myself. Let's see...what things don't you already know about me?
1. I very, very rarely wear jewelry (beyond my wedding and engagement ring). It's been so long since I wore earrings, the holes have closed.
2. I'm extremely chicken about trying my hand at new skills. My husband bought me a sewing machine three years ago, and I've still never used it. (I really need to get over that!)
3. I'm very competitive, but I've learned how to lose graciously. (Being a Chiefs fan will do that to you.)
4. I was accepted and offered scholarships to five different colleges, but never went to a single one.
5. I taught myself to read music and play piano at age four, but I can not improvise.
6. I also know how to play the trumpet, though I haven't touched one since high school.
7. I love jazz, especially the older stuff like Miles Davis, John Coltrane and Vince Guaraldi (the guy that did the "Peanuts" music.) My all-time favorite is a man most people don't recognize by name but know the words to a lot of his songs. His name is Bob Dorough, and he wrote a bunch of songs like this:
Do you recognize him now? Were you singing along? And did you learn anything new about me?