Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bouncy Fun Time

If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you know that I've finally started exercising again. (Shout out to my daughter for being my accountability partner...keep rockin' it, Rachel!) So far, I've been doing forty minutes of pilates/yoga daily and I've got to admit it's not been pretty. Bad enough that I haven't exercised regularly for over two years...

Wait, that can't be right. Hang on a sec while I figure this up.

Ok, the baby was born in '09, so she'll be...wow, eighteen months already? Add another nine months while I was pregnant (because really, that little bit of "pregnant yoga" doesn't count) and that's...carry the one...twenty-seven months?!?

Oh for heaven's sake...no wonder I'm out of shape.

Anyway, the important thing is that I'm doing something about it now, right? Right. But can I just say that this pilates/yoga thing is whippin' the snot out of me? Ouch. Doing it as overweight as I am is one thing. But remember that nasty spill I took last fall that messed up my arm? Not. Helping.

And I've never even told you about the time I pulled a leg muscle in my sleep. Don't ask.

After curling into the fetal position and bawling my eyes out collapsing in a heap of pain finishing up yesterday, I started wondering if there isn't anything else I could be doing instead of this torturous workout regimen (at least until some of my muscles finish healing)?

So my husband went and bought me this...


I'm so excited! I don't have room for a treadmill and I get bored on exercise bikes, but this? It's going to be so much fun!

And I can already see how this can be used to help, shall we say, motivate certain children around here. "Want to jump on the trampoline? Have you picked up your toys yet?"

Mwahahahahahaha.....

What can I say? I'm all about multi-purposes. *wink*


Sidenote: I want to thank everyone for the valuable input about home management notebooks.  I've made my decision and will be sharing the results with you soon.  (I'm really excited about it, and I think you'll like it too...Be sure to come back and find out!)

2 comments:

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

You are one smart Mama! Love multi-taskers like that! Enjoy :-)

punkinmama said...

MY toys are all cleaned up & put away... can I have a turn on the trampoline now?!

Looks like fun! Enjoy!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails