Thursday, December 9, 2010

Two Weeks

I've spent a week letting this post float around in my brain, hoping the words would simply pour out of me like water. But it's not words that want to flow...it's tears.

I count myself more than fortunate to have had two weeks with my father. Two weeks that he finally got to meet my precious Mary.

Two weeks of Sarah...

...and Ben...
...getting to know a grandfather they couldn't remember from infancy.


Two weeks of Rebecca and Emily reconnecting with the grandfather they've missed so dearly.

Two weeks of watching a husband and a father that actually enjoy each other's company.

And for myself? Two weeks of being accepted and loved for who and what I am. No disappointments, no reprimands, no unwanted advice meaning to be helpful, no condemnation or condescension. Just love.


Thank you, Daddy, for two weeks that I didn't have before. I will never let them go.

4 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

awww this so lovely!!!!

Rachel said...

this post was perfect; it made me tear up, because the feelings reminded me of when you and i saw each other again for the first time. I love the pictures too; can't wait to see them all next time I visit!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

Wonderful :-)

punkinmama said...

Awwww, this is the sweetest post ever! So glad you got your two weeks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails