Monday, November 1, 2010

Pressed, Not Crushed

I have to keep this brief and to the point. I took a pretty nasty fall outside yesterday afternoon and injured my left arm. I didn't break anything, thank the Lord, but it was bad enough that I almost passed out twice before getting back in the house. Fortunately, my husband was nearby when it happened and able to help me.

For now, I've got limited mobility in my arm. I can bend at the elbow fine, but using my bicep to move my upper arm is completely out of the question. As I sit here typing this out, I've got my elbow propped on my thigh so my hand is level with the keyboard. I can't put it on the arm of my chair without massive pain (and I've had plenty of that in the past 24 hours, thank you very much!) Even propped this way, I can feel the muscle being pulled, so I can only pull this off for brief moments.

October was such a rough month for us, it almost seems fitting that it would've ended this way. As it stands, we've been without transportation for three weeks and counting. And unless you live in a big city with plenty of public transportation, you can imagine how difficult life is with no car. And that's only the most obvious of our problems.

It would be so easy for me to wallow in despair over our hard circumstances right now, but when I think about the trials we're facing I can't help but remember these words:

"We are hard-pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

5 comments:

Mrs. Stam said...

praying for fast healing!!!

Angela said...

I Love that verse! I'm so sorry that happened to you. Does it hurt? I wish I could hug you.

Irritable Mother said...

Pressed, Not Crushed.

I read your title and thought, "Yep! That's me, too!" The stuff of life is not easy. I am pressed - to be sure!
But thank the LORD, I am not crushed.

It's good to be 'with' you in the crushies. *grin*

Crazed Nitwit said...

Oh man, that just sucks. Ice, ice and more ice. 20 minutes on then 20 minutes off and repeat.

Prayers coming your way.

punkinmama said...

Hope it heals quickly and that November brings a good turn in circumstances.

Related Posts with Thumbnails