Friday, October 1, 2010

You know you're a farmer's wife when...

...he comes home from work and you help him "de-burr" his pants.

...you tell him you're fixing chicken for dinner and he says, "Which one?"

...you don't cry over spilled milk.  You just sigh, grab a bucket and head out to the barn.


...your daughters learned all about male egos by watching roosters.

...a broken nail means a trip to the shed, not the manicurist.

...you no longer tell the children to clean their plates, you remind them to leave scraps for the animals.

...dinner is late because the axe just wasn't sharp enough.

...your husband says, "I'll pick up dinner on the way home tonight," and heads out with his shotgun.

5 comments:

Stam House said...

awesome, love it!!!!

Petula said...

LOL... That's pretty funny and cute. Did you make those up? I mean, you know what I mean. ...

lyssa said...

Cute!! I came by through Networked Blogs. Like your blog, very sweet. :)
Melyssa from www.thedazeofus.blogspot.com

Irritable Mother said...

"Which one?" LOL!
That's (one of) the reason I don't think I could do life on a farm. Eating the little guy I helped raise? So sad. *wink*
I enjoyed laughing with you this morning. Thanks!

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

This makes me laugh! I so envy you and your farm, we are trying very hard to get there. It is just that right now we are financially attached to the corporate world!

Related Posts with Thumbnails