Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Lovely and New

I've got several things to share with you today, so you might want to grab a cup of something to sip in case this runs on for a bit.

Got your cup? Ready? Okay, let's see...

First off, I have to thank my dear friend Angela from BlogMommas for bestowing this upon me:


I'm always a little flustered when I'm on the receiving end of compliments (I have a hard time believing I deserve them), but I'm grateful and humbled that Angela would think of me to bestow this upon.  Thank you my friend!

Secondly, I'm sure my regular readers (all three of you!) recall that I mentioned back in..umm...what month was that?  July?!?  Seriously?!?!?  Oh for crying out loud, has it really been that long?  Yes, much to my embarrassment, it was in July when I announced that I was taking a break and would come back with lots to say and a new blog design.  (Apparently, my ability to estimate how long it'll be before I get something done is seriously flawed.  That certainly explains a lot!)  

The point is, I've got a new blog design.  I've even got a button you can grab (hint, hint!)  I must give major kudos and floods of gratitude to Rocio Cobos of Mami Picture for all her patience in trying to figure out what I wanted this blog to look like when I hardly knew it myself.  I'd love to hear what you think of it, so please, please leave me some feedback, okay?  Good, bad or indifferent, I really want to know what you think! 

And while I'm picking your brain, perhaps you could answer another little question for me.  I've been thinking a lot about what direction I'm going in...in life, faith, homeschool, the farm, everything.  And since this blog is, basically, an extension of my life, I'm wondering about the direction I want to take it as well.  So, I'm curious....what kinds of posts do you enjoy?  What things would you like to see me write about more?  When I tell people about myself (homeschooling mom of five on a 3.5 acre farm) I generally get a response along the lines of "You must lead a pretty interesting life!"  But I'm suffering from a case of "I can't see the forest for the trees."  It's my life and I'm kinda used to it by now.  Perhaps I'm taking for granted certain things about my life, things that maybe aren't as mundane as I think they are.  Any thoughts?  Anyone? 

5 comments:

Marye said...

seriously lovely. :)

Katie said...

I wanted to stop in and thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on my post. I think one of the major bonuses to blogging is realizing that you're not alone in things that you're struggling with. One of the changes I've decided to make on my blog is to try to make it more "real." Up until now, it's been me but perhaps not all of me. I think that's what draws people to blogs, a realness.

Hrmm..that sounds like that's why I'm doing it. It's not. I'm doing it for myself and if it helps others, that's just another blogging bonus.

Ok, it's late and I hope this made some amount of sense!

Irritable Mother said...

Wendy, I think your new design is great!
I understand what you're saying about sometimes having trouble coming up with posts. One thing which has helped me is having a couple of regular posts each week.
On Mondays, I always do a video devotion. I think about what God has been teaching me, pray that He will speak through me to whoever will watch the video, and let Him do the rest.
And on Fridays I always write about something I've learned about, or been touched by, at work. So throughout the week I'm paying attention for whatever that lesson may be.
Maybe that would work for you? Or maybe not. But I hope it helps.*grin*

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

I have not been a great bloggy friend lately. I have a list of excuses but the bottom line is it just has not been happening!!!

I do enjoy reading your blog and as a homeschooling mom of six who would like to build her farm more ... I would like to hear about the mundane ... those little daily things that you do to survive, sometimes I think those are the things I am looking to read about.

There are blogs with gizmos and gadgets and extraordinary writers, etc... but I really enjoy just reading about life ... and how we survive. So that is my thought.

I will try to do better about commenting!

punkinmama said...

Cute new design!

And you know me... I barely blog on my own, so I don't have much help for you! I just enjoy reading about your life - with the kids, on the farm. Everything.

Related Posts with Thumbnails