Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A Voyeur's High School Reunion

So I went ahead and joined Facebook a few weeks ago, and I have to admit I've been having more fun with it than I thought I would. I'm keeping in touch with a few family members, "likeing" some of my favorite things, and connecting with online friends in ways that blogs and Twitter don't provide.

I've also indulged in a little bit of voyeurism.

You see, even back in my teen years, I was more of the shy observer than I ever was the center of attention. And I often wondered what's going to happen to these people when we all grow up? Well, now I have some answers.

That one creepy guy that had a crush on me my junior year? He's in an "open" relationship with a woman who looks like she's auditioning for the musical "Hair". Strange.

The girl from choir who thought she was all that? Apparently she did move to New York to become a Broadway star. It's purely speculation on my part, but I'm guessing she didn't make it since I've never seen her name show up in the Tony nominations.

The "preps" are still preppy, the cheerleader works in Human Resources, and the partiers became blue-collar respectable.

And the guy that broke my heart so badly I stayed in bed for three straight days? He's a balding, overweight, middle-aged man married to a woman who's even heavier than I am, whose biggest excitement in life has been going to a convention for fans of "The Office" in Scranton. At least he sounds happy with his life.

And so am I.

3 comments:

Laura @ Laura Williams' Musings said...

Your high school reunion thoughts just cracked me up!!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

Isn't FB crazy? I got on there originally to reconnected with grad school friends. Then college friends found me, then high school classmates. Yikes!

punkinmama said...

HAHAHA! That is awesome!

I knew you couldn't resist FB for too long! Mwahahaha!

Related Posts with Thumbnails