Thursday, July 29, 2010

Taking Time To Celebrate

Hi all! Just a few quick things I want to share with you...

#1: I'm having vast improvement in my fight with depression!
For those of you that have been following my journey, you know that I've been struggling with depression for the past year. (In reality, it's been much longer than that but it's really come to the forefront in these last months.) I can feel a very large post brewing about this, hopefully by mid-August. (I'll explain the delay a little further down.) All I can say right now is that it feels SO GOOD to come back into the light!

#2: We've got a ton of birthdays going on around here!
This week and next, we've got three birthdays to celebrate in the Barefoot home. My hard-working husband reaches another year of forty-something, my darling Girl #2 becomes a teen, and my sweet little baby will be ONE YEAR OLD! Gee, seems like only yesterday I was wondering how much longer it'd be before she arrived.

#3: It's almost the end of summer!
And thank the Lord for that! We've had a very active summer here on the farm (with plenty of "pool breaks"!) but I'm ready for cooler temps. Another few weeks and I think I'll have reached my limit on 90+ days, know what I mean?

#4: It's almost time for school!
This might not seem like much of a reason to celebrate to some, but we LOVE school around here. The girls and I are looking forward to getting back into our regular routine, and I'm really excited about introducing them to Pride and Prejudice this year. Hello, Mr. Darcy!

#5: I'm getting a blog makeover!
I actually won a full-blown blog makeover. Don't get me wrong, I love what my friend Stephany has done here, and I'll miss the cute little picture of children's blocks I came up with for my header, but I'm ready for something different. (Ain't that just like a woman?)

So, with all that going on I've decided to put my blogging on hiatus until the new design is ready. See you all then, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

4 comments:

~Niki~ said...

I have been fighting depression most of my adult life and I'm now 38. I finally found a pill that works for my body and I can tolerate. Good luck to you! It's a journey, that's all I gotta say. LOL.
I have you on my sidebar.

Joy said...

I have also been battling depression with some other medical issues. I am praising God you are coming back to the light!! We are excited and anxious about starting school too! I am looking forward to your new blog look! I enjoy reading, so hopefully you won't be gone too long!

punkinmama said...

Glad your depression is lightening...wish I could say the same... I'm having a really hard time right now!

Anyway, enjoy your time of celebration and I look forward to seeing the new blog design!! :)

Nell(Janelle) said...

I'm so glad to hear you're having success with your depression!

Nell

Related Posts with Thumbnails