Friday, June 4, 2010

As Years Go By


As years go by I hope you'll see
How precious you are to Daddy and me
What a joyous blessing you'll always be
As a member of our family



As years go by I'll continually pray
You seek the Lord and follow His way
That on His narrow path you'll stay
Careful in all you do and say

As years go by I'll watch you grow
And teach you things you need to know
From adding numbers to making dough
Reading, writing, and how to sew


As years go by we'll have our fun
Laughing in the summer sun
To hop and skip and jump and run
Playing til the day is done.

As years go by you'll be all grown
A wife with children of your own
What happy memories I'll have known
After all the years have flown

But those years are still far away
For now we'll celebrate this day
From all of us, we gladly say
To Sarah Ruth, Happy Birthday



5 comments:

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

Happy birthday, Sarah! What a beautiful girl you are! I didn't realize that you and my Ladybug had birthdays so close together - hers was Monday. Hope you have the best birthday ever!

alicia said...

What a sweet tribute. Happy b-day.

Mama Hen said...

Happy birthday! What a nice blog! I am a new follower! I would love for you to come and visit me at Mama's Little Chick.
Have a great week!

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com

punkinmama said...

Love it!

Did you write that yourself? I may have to steal it.

Happy Birthday little one!

Petula said...

Beautiful birthday tribute! Happy Birthday to your little sweetie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails