Monday, April 26, 2010

Mama Braggin' Monday - Stepping Up

I know it's been forever and a day since I posted anything here (again), but this time it really was beyond my control. You see, my baby got sick. Sweet little Mary, the happiest baby in the world and best all-night sleeper I've ever given birth to, has had some kind of stomach virus for an entire week now. The poor little thing has been totally miserable, and the only way she got any sleep (for more than five minutes at a time) was if she was held.

Have you ever held a sick child in your arms literally all night?

Have you ever held a sick child in your arms for four nights in a row?

Yeah, I did that. And the result is strained shoulder muscles for yours truly. Kind of like getting a crick in your neck from sleeping wrong, ratcheted up to the Nth degree. Until today, I've been one big blob of pain in the upper right half of my body, and Lord help me when a muscle spasm hit!

And this is where the bragging comes in, because I have the BEST daughters any injured mom could hope for. While I was going back and forth between heat pads, ice packs and massages from Daddy to get the ache out, my big girls have stepped up to the plate. They stayed on top of their chores, took turns holding the baby, helped keep Ben and Sarah amused, and generally just pitched in everywhere else as much as they could, all without a single grumble. Because of them, I don't have quite as much cleaning to catch up on as I would have otherwise. And they've done it all with smiles, love and gladness to be helpful.

Thanks girls, I really don't know what I would've done without you. Mwah!

Have your kids made your heart burst with love and pride this week? Brag about it!

Thanks to Donna at Way More Homemade for creating "Mama Braggin' Monday" and letting me get in on the fun, too.

1 comment:

punkinmama said...

Sounds like their momma has taught them well! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails