Tuesday, March 16, 2010

WW - Slow Down, Baby!

I remind myself every day that, rather than mourn the idea that Mary is most likely my last child, I should celebrate the fact that I've been blessed to have enjoyed this Mommy gig as long as I have.


But watching her go from this...




...to this...



...makes me want to cry all over again. It's only been seven and a half months, but it looks like infancy is over and toddlerhood is on the way. Why are they always in such a hurry to grow up????

Anybody got a tissue? *sniff*

(And speaking of growing up...it's only two weeks until my birthday and to celebrate, I'll be holding a giveaway! Details are coming soon, but I'll give you a hint: $50 Gift Certificate. Want to know more? Subscribe to my feed or follow me to find out!)

For more WW fun, check out Seven Clown Circus and 5 Minutes for Mom.

13 comments:

Cecily R said...

They do grow up so SO fast. My gosh, though, she is so cute!!

Night Owl Mama said...

tooo fast way to fast! she's so cute! following stop on by
http://nightowlmama.blogspot.com

Tiff said...

I know the feeling! They grow up way too fast. Mine are 12,5,and 3

Stam House said...

She is soo cute and yes they do grow so FAST!!!!

I am Harriet said...

Sure does happen fast :)

http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/smart-wanna-iq-test/

Angela said...

You sweet baby is so cute! The pictures are adorable.

BTW, I got you all set up over on Blog Mommas. I am also adding you to I Am Pooped because I can so relate to you in so many ways. You have no idea.

Julie from Momspective said...

I just said the same thing the other day!

Marice said...

cute! i so agree! time really flies so fast!

u may view mine here

Crystal said...

Cute baby, love the blog and I haev the same couch! lol New follower

Upstatemomof3 said...

Oh I know exactly what you mean! My youngest (and possibly my last) just turned one today. And it makes me so sad that my time in the baby days might just be over.

Muthering Heights said...

Wow! She's way ahead of my little man...I can't convince him to even get up on his knees!!!

LindsayDianne said...

Beautiful photos, and beautiful sentiment.
I never felt sad at the thought of not doing this again... So it's interesting to hear from someone who does have that thought.
Thank you for sharing wonderful pictures, but also your true feelings.
Your outlook is good. Be sad. You're allowed. But don't forget to rejoice as well.
Awesome.

Wendy said...

Lindsay, thank you for that. It's funny that, when I was young, I didn't want any children, and now here I am wishing for one more...and maybe one more...and...

But you're right, I can rejoice as well. So many women never get to experience this joy at all, and I've been truly blessed to have it. I'll never stop being thankful for all I have, and all I've been given.

Related Posts with Thumbnails