Monday, March 15, 2010

Frugal Shopping Redux-tion

After moving out to the boonies last year, I stopped frugal shopping at stores like CVS and Rite Aid. It seemed like too much hassle to drive so far, with all five children no less, just to get a few more freebies that I already had plenty of in my cabinets (thanks to limited stockpiling I'd done when we still lived inside town limits.) But with Doc out of work now, and able to take care of things at home for a few hours at a time if necessary, I've gone back to my coupon-clipping ways with a vengeance. And oh, how sweet it is!

I know spending a Saturday night at Rite Aid could hardly qualify as something to be excited about for the average woman, but 1) it gave me a nice little break from the kidlets, 2) it gave Daddy a chance to see how he likes it for a change some quality time with said progeny, 3) the kidlets got a much needed break from Mom (even though I am their favorite person in the world) and 4) I got a bunch of stuff cheap! Check this out...

Two (2) packs of Pampers
One (1) pack of Underjams
One (1) Pampers wipes
Eight (8) Cover Girl make-ups
Four (4) packs of Trident Layers
Two (2) Oral-B kids' toothbrushes
Two (2) Gillette men's deodorant
One (1) J&J Baby Lotion (with bonus baby bubble bath)
Six (6) bottles of John Frieda Frizz-Ease shampoo, conditioner or styling product
Two (2) J&J baby bath bars
One (1) DayQuil
Two (2) Almay eye shadows
Four (4) cans of Pringles
and One (1) Dove dark chocolate bar

I spent $33.17 + sales tax, but I'll get back at least $24 (maybe more depending on how the shampoo gets counted), for a net cost of $9.17!! It's like a got one package of diapers on sale and got everything else for free! Seriously, isn't that worth getting excited about?

And I still got home in time to read the little ones a bedtime story, tuck everyone in for the night, and snuggle up with Daddy on the couch in front of a movie.

Not a bad way to spend a Saturday night after all, eh?

(For the record, I would be using the adorable cloth diapers we bought for Mary, but the hot water attachment is busted on our washing machine. It's a bummer, but c'est la vie.)

1 comment:

punkinmama said...

Awesome!
I have several friends who do this at CVS and I'm always amazed at what they get for so little. I keep saying I'm going to try it sometime, so hopefully soon...

Related Posts with Thumbnails