Friday, February 19, 2010

Late But Loyal

I am that person that most of you despise. I'm the one that always shows up late.

I've spent my entire life being late to just about everything. I was born late (ten days overdue), I was frequently late to school, late for the bus, late to my own graduation ceremony, late to work, late to give birth, late to church, and will probably someday be a doddering old woman refusing to die and thereby will be late for my own funeral.

See? You despise me, don't you.

And because blogging is just another extention of who I really am, it's no surprise that I'm frequently late here, too.

This time, though, it's downright embarassing. I was recognized on 5 Minutes for Mom for being a loyal commenter...a week ago.

I am so flattered and humbled, it leaves me just about speechless. It's like having the homecoming queen stop by your locker and say, "I like what you did with your hair today." It's the sort of thing that does not happen to me. And yet, it did. There I am, with my blog being described as "fun, bright and a great place to visit for encouragement and maybe a few laughs."

Thank you, 5 Minutes for Mom, for recognizing me as a Loyal Commenter. I will, indeed, wear the badge with pride. And I will continue to visit and leave comments for others, just as I will always respond and/or reciprocate to comments left here.

Just please forgive me if I'm a little late doing it.

8 comments:

punkinmama said...

Well, it wasn't an award for being a consistent blogger, so don't worry! :)

Congrats on being recognized as a loyal commenter! I know I always appreciate the comments you leave on my (very sparse) blog!

Wendy said...

Thanks! I was afraid you'd start getting tired of me leaving 2000 word long novellas in your comments! LOL

the J in PJs Til Noon said...

I'm a late bird too. I think it's part of my DNA. I used to get lectures from my mother in law. "People who are always late are saying their time is more important than mine." BUT. She's going to school now & busy & late to everything. It just makes me giggle.

Blessed Nest said...

You're amazing! And very deserving. Thank you for visiting and leaving a comment on our blog too!

Kelly said...

Hi Wendy-I can sooo relate to your little admission here...about being late to everything. I too am late. late to events, late to lunch with friends, late to church, late to work, and the list goes one. I don't know why I can't beat this problem. Maybe someday but at least for now I can take solace in knowing that I'm not the only woman on this earth who is late to absolutely EVERYTHING. And btw-congrats on your recent recognition.
-Kelly
http://thepursuitofmommyness.com/

Wendy said...

J - MILs need more reality checks like that, IMHO. LOL

Blessed Nest - Ah shucks, you're gonna make me blush. Thanks!

Kelly - No worries, sweetie, you are NOT the only one! I think the only thing I've been on time for in the past six years was my wedding. ;)

gina said...

what an honor- congrats!! And yes, I am always early to everything so those that hold everything up cause they are late drive me extra nuts. lol. But in blogging there are no hard feelings. ;)

A Dreamer said...

Congrats! It's so awesome to be mentioned on their blog.

Nell
http://www.casualfridayeveryday.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails