Thursday, January 7, 2010

When God Speaks

Eric and I talked about the job situation (as much as the kids coming in and out of the room would let us) and started planning for the contingency. As is typical for me, the reality of the situation didn't really sink in until hours later.

We just took out the mortgage on this house last April, we have five children, and no savings to fall back on.

The more those words circled through my mind, the further down I could feel myself sliding towards depression.

I sat down to the computer thinking I'd look around for something, anything, to take my mind of it. Out of habit (I suppose), I opened up Twitter. Just in time to see LifeVerse start tweeting verses from Psalm 91. I reached for my Bible, intending to read the chapter for myself. But instead of Psalm 91, my pages flipped over to Psalm 86. And this is what God spoke to me.

Hear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Guard my life, for I am devoted to you. You are my God; save your servant who trusts in you. Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long. Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.

You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you. Hear my prayer, O Lord; listen to my cry for mercy. In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.

Whether my husband ends up unemployed or not, I'm not going to be afraid. I'm listening for when God speaks next.

7 comments:

Stefany said...

Hugs to you!

Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you. (Ps. 37:5)

This is what I thought of when reading your post. You will be okay. Faith will get you through.

Cynthia said...

I firmly believe that things work out, and usually for the better.

The problem is that sometimes when you're in the swirl of the storm, it's very hard to see the potential for things actually not only working out, but working out *well*. (I know this from experience!)

Hang in there, have faith, and don't be afraid to make a few moves on your own to make things better.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Good for you! The verse (can't think of where exactly it's located =() and my God shall supply all your needs...having faith with you!

Amanda said...

Such a heartfelt post, my friend. I am sorry you are facing such troubles. I love the verse that the Lord showed to you - perfect!

Praying for you.

punkinmama said...

Sorry to hear things are unknown right now. Good to hear that you're trusting in God. He's the only one who truly knows what the future holds. And He won't give you more than you can handle!

designHER Momma said...

I'm in the same boat as you, my husband might loose his job come Feb. (except I have 2 less kids). We will get through this...

Chronicles Of A Mommy said...

My prayers are with you and I am glad you found the comfort you needed. Trust in Him and He will provide.

Related Posts with Thumbnails