Friday, January 29, 2010

We're In The Money Eggs!

Our chickens have discovered their purpose in life....laying eggs! We're averaging between one and two dozen a day. That's a lot of eggs, people! Even my omelet-loving family of seven can't eat that many.

So.......



We're selling them for $2.25/dozen, which is a perfectly reasonable price for farm-fresh, organic eggs.

I know that doesn't really sound like a lot of money, but since I've gotten back into CVSing (I'll tell you more about that next week), the money we get goes farther than you'd think.

But I can still use a few more recipes that call for lots of eggs. Know any good ones you'd care to share?

8 comments:

Cynthia said...

My favorite breakfast casserole!!

http://addmorewine.net/2009/04/20/a-nomtastic-breakfast/

Pamela said...

I'm not an egg person at all, but what about quiche?

Wendy said...

Cynthia, that looks sooooo yummy! I'll be giving that one a try. Thanks!

Pamela, I've been thinking about quiches too. Hopefully I can find one that calls for ingredients I already have. I'd hate to buy something just for a new recipe and then find out my family hates it, you know?

Time to dust off some of my older cookbooks, I guess!

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, that's great!!! :)


I suppose you could always make quiche...

Katie said...

Ooooh, I wish you lived closer to me. I'm a big fan of buying local and from people you know. I was just telling my fiance the other day how I wish I knew someone local to buy things from.

Thank you so much for stopping into my blog tonight and leaving a comment. Bloggy friends are just as important as local friends in my world. Us moms need to stick together! I can't wait to read your blog and I hope that you stop back to mine soon. :)

Wendy said...

MH - I've been thinking about quiches. Guess it's time to dust off some of my older cookbooks!

Katie - You'd love living closer to me. This summer, our vegetable garden should (hopefully) give us enough to be our own Farmer's Market!

And I'm so looking forward to getting to know you better too! :)

Chronicles Of A Mommy said...

WOW! That is a lot of eggs! But I do love me an omlet! ;-)

angie said...

Fantastic.

If I lived near you I'd TOTALLY buy them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails