We saw this coming, and we still fully believe that God has a plan in all this. After Eric told me the news, we talked, we hugged, and then we prayed. Whatever happens, we're in God's hands. Completely. We've got total peace about it.
In the meantime, we're going to make the most of Eric's time together, which means I get to
- Cleaning the sunroom
- Making a batch of soap
- Making cheese
- Cutting firewood
- Hauling manure for the garden
- Building a gate to the chicken run
- Getting leaves on the garden
- Making an "Eggs for Sale" sign
- Straightening up the mudroom
- Hanging shelves
- Tilling both the vegetable and the herb gardens
- Sharpening my kitchen knives
- Making plans for the greenhouse
- Emptying the outbuildings of junk from the previous owner and hauling it off to the recycling center
With all this extra work (and since we homeschool year-round anyway), I'm putting school on hiatus for the rest of the week.
So much for that schedule I worked so hard on.