Monday, January 25, 2010

So much for the schedule...

It's official. Hubby went to work an hour early Saturday morning, and came home ninety minutes later. His boss finally axed him.

We saw this coming, and we still fully believe that God has a plan in all this. After Eric told me the news, we talked, we hugged, and then we prayed. Whatever happens, we're in God's hands. Completely. We've got total peace about it.

In the meantime, we're going to make the most of Eric's time together, which means I get to take total advantage of him take care of a few things that have been on our to-do lists for months. This week's list includes, but is not limited to:

  • Cleaning the sunroom
  • Making a batch of soap
  • Making cheese
  • Cutting firewood
  • Hauling manure for the garden
  • Building a gate to the chicken run
  • Getting leaves on the garden
  • Making an "Eggs for Sale" sign
  • Straightening up the mudroom
  • Hanging shelves
  • Tilling both the vegetable and the herb gardens
  • Sharpening my kitchen knives
  • Making plans for the greenhouse
  • Emptying the outbuildings of junk from the previous owner and hauling it off to the recycling center

With all this extra work (and since we homeschool year-round anyway), I'm putting school on hiatus for the rest of the week.

So much for that schedule I worked so hard on.

6 comments:

warmfuzzies said...

I am sooo sorry to hear that your husband lost his job. I will be praying about this. **HUGS**

I never heard back from you on the F.Y.I arbonne scent taht I sent to you. I checked to see if you got it and it says it was delivered. I really hope you got it. Did you enjoy it?

Anyway, wanted to let you know I was thinking about you.

Wendy said...

Thanks for the prayers!

That's weird, because I know I emailed you to tell you we got it and my daughter loves it. I'll try contacting you again!

Wendy said...

warmfuzzies, your blogger profile is not available and you didn't enter an email address, so I don't have a way to contact you directly. We did get the Airbonne scent, and it's lovely. If you'd like to contact me directly, feel free to email me at barefootmomlady at gmail dot com. :)

punkinmama said...

Wait a minute, that's a list for the week?! Sounds like a 5 year plan to me!!

Anyway, sorry about your husband's job, but glad you're feeling content in God's arms.

Wendy said...

What can I say? Hubs is an ambitious man...just one of the many reasons I love him so. :)

Blessed Nest said...

Sorry about your husbands job but it sounds like he has a full time one at home. LOL
Your schedule sounds wonderful and the kids will have a great week of "life" school. We home school year around too. It's nice to be able to take breaks.
Have a wonderful week. It will be fun to see how God works all of this out in your life. My husband was out of work for a while and we enjoyed every minute.
xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails