Monday, December 7, 2009

It's Nowhere Near Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I've lost count of the number of friends I have on Twitter that have exclaimed with glee that they're getting snow. I'm jealous, people. Seriously jealous.

I ask you, how am I supposed to get into the Christmas spirit when my front yard still looks like this??




I grew up in Kansas, where winter could start as early as October 15th some years. My big girls were just old enough to remember sledding and playing in the snow on our last Christmas there before we moved, and it has been mentioned repeatedly every year since. "Remember the Christmas when it snowed..."

So here's my Christmas wish: snow. Just a little snow for Christmas. It doesn't have to be a blizzard or anything, it doesn't even have to stick around for longer than one day. Just enough to cover the mud and turn my yard into a winter wonderland.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Keep on wishing! LOL I've lived in SC most of my life and it hasn't snowed on Christmas in over 20 years. But, you never know, this could be the year!

Related Posts with Thumbnails