Sunday, December 13, 2009

Every Single Day

When people find out that I've given birth at home, they usually all say the same thing. "Wow, you're a brave woman!"

Here's a secret: I'm not brave.

The truth is, I have a list of fears that could stretch for a mile. Things like:
  • Fear of harm coming to my children
  • Fear of losing my husband
  • Fear of not being able to pay our bills
  • Fear of public speaking
  • Fear of rejection
  • Fear of being a bad mom
  • Fear of failing at anything I've never done before

But did you know that God's Word says "Do not fear" 365 different times? One time for every day of the year.

Every. Single. Day.

Obviously, God knew that I'd need a daily reminder.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." -John 14:27

4 comments:

punkinmama said...

Awesome. I needed this too. I can so relate (except for birthing at home - no way!). You are a brave woman for a lot of reasons. Being afraid doesn't negate that.

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

I can relate to the same fears except I'll trade you fear of public speaking with fear of birthing at home.

Jenny said...

I really needed this today. Thank you so very much for sharing!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

Really? 365 times? Why didn't I know that? God is SO awesome!!! I'll take one of those every day, please!

Related Posts with Thumbnails