Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankfulness, Day 5 - God Has Plans

Today has been an especially difficult day. Not for myself so much as it was for my husband.

When he finally got home tonight, after yet another 12-hour long day, he felt so defeated, so downcast...it nearly broke my heart.

My eternal optimist. My can-do guy. The one who never gives up, who never quits.

He was almost ready to throw in the towel.

I can't pretend to know why everything in our lives has been so hard lately. I don't know when or how it's ever going to get any better.

But God does.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11

And I'm so, so thankful for that.

4 comments:

Cynthia said...

Sometimes it is so very, very hard to step back and look at the big picture - I do struggle with that often.

Give your can-do guy an extra really big hug - sounds like he earns it on a regular basis.

Jen @ One Moms World said...

My hubby is going through some things himself right now. I just try to be there and support him all I can, but at times I worry that I'm not doing enough. Hang in there Wendy. God has a plan for you all and hopefully it will come to fruit soon for you all. I will say a prayer. (((HUGS)))

Muthering Heights said...

It always seems so hard when we don't understand the plan...but yes! It's a wonderful thing to rely on God's sovereignty!

Honey Mommy said...

My husband has been a bit stressed and down lately too. It's hard, but I just try to support him the best I can and I'm sure you do too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails