Sunday, November 1, 2009

30 Days of Thanks - Day 1

Jen at One Moms World tweeted that she's challenging herself to post something she's thankful for every day this month. I love this idea, so I'm stealing borrowing it for myself because 1) I need to remind myself more of all that I have to be thankful for, and 2) I'd like to get back to regular posting and this would be a great way to do it.

So, here we go. Day 1.

Today I'm thankful that October is over.

Wait, let me put a more positive spin on that.

I'm thankful for the beginning of another month. Truthfully, October was a rough month for us in the Barefoot household. Broken appliances, car repairs, unexpected expenses, and minor injuries all added up to even more stress on top the stress we've already been living under. But today, the first of November, gives me a new chance.

A new chance for things to turn around.

A new chance to take a deep breath and try again.

A new chance to hope.

What new chances are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

Jen @ One Moms World said...

I'm so glad you are doing this. Yes.. you do need to get into blogging more hehe. Just joking with you!

I am excited for November as well. May this truly be a positive month for you all!!! (((HUGS)))

OWL MOMMA said...

I found your blog through Amanda's layout giveaway. I love the idea of thirty days of thankfulness and may just steal, um, borrow it too! :) Here's to fresh beginnings... hoping Novemeber is better for y'all!

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

it is such a great discipline to look at our blessings instead of complaining about everything that is wrong. Good for you for taking on this challenge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails