Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wordless/Wordful Wednesday - Sisters




When Mary was born, her older siblings couldn't wait to meet her. Except for Sarah. Whether it was jealousy or just the ambivalence of a two year old, I'll never know. As far as Sarah was concerned, Mary simply did not exist.

In the past few weeks, though, I've noticed Sarah acknowledging Mary as part of her family. At first it was a random, occasional kiss on the head. A few days later, she reached over to pat her little sister on the back while I was burping her. The other night, she laid down to start playing with her.

Someday, hopefully, they will be the best of friends. They'll share each other's joys and heartaches, and be there for each other with support, encouragement, laughter and hugs. (And probably chocolate and coffee. They are my daughters after all.)

Right now, they're just beginning to learn that they are sisters.
For more WW, go here and here.

15 comments:

Life with Kaishon said...

What a very, very beautiful post. I just love it : )

sheila said...

THis is totally beautiful. Brings back memories too.

blueviolet said...

She's coming around. How sweet!

Leonard Family said...

aww sweet picture & post! I pray they become good friends!

Laura said...

lovely

Geezees Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Very cute!

Marie said...

That's so sweet! :-)

Genny said...

That is just so sweet! I grew up with two sisters and loved it!

Ayie said...

Taking care of the li'l sis?

they almost camouflaged with the mat =)

happy WW!

http://jifphotojournal.blogspot.com/

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

Awwwww! That is SO sweet!!

Donna ~Blessed Nest said...

This made me tear up! So sweet.

Mayhem and Moxie said...

Such a sweet, sweet post and sentiment. I know that the relationship I share with my sister is one of the most special in my life.

I am sure your daughters will have something similar!

Jenni Jiggety said...

What a sweet picture!

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

How nice, my post today is very similar! Here is to sisterly love!

casual friday every day said...

awww - such sweetness!

Nell

Related Posts with Thumbnails