Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Top Ten Tuesday - Things I'll Do Someday

Someday, when my little ones are older, there are some things I'd like to do (or get back to doing).

1. Go to bed before midnight. (Unless, of course, I just really want to stay up late...though I can't imagine why.)

2. Exercise regularly. (Granted, I run up and down the stairs about 20 times a day now, but I'm thinking it might take a little more than that to get myself down to the size I want to be.)

3. Have one glass of water all to myself. (There must be some magnetic quality about the drinking water around here that attracts children under the age of five. Seriously, the minute I pour myself a glass they come swarming.)

4. Eat dark chocolate. (Can't have any while I'm nursing Mary. Don't you feel sorry for me?)

5. Have a glass of wine with my husband after a romantic dinner. (See #4.) (And when would we ever get a chance to have a romantic dinner now anyway??)

6. Go camping. (Until I'm sure that none of my children would wake up in the middle of the night and wander off, it ain't happenin'.

7. Start crocheting again. (I used to crochet lovely little doilies, but when are my hands empty enough? Not to mention, my two year old likes to run off with my balls of yarn.)

8. Play the piano again. (Another "See #4" subject. Have you ever tried to play "Claire de Lune" while twenty other fingers are banging away on your keyboard? It doesn't work. Trust me.)

9. Learn to knit. (See #7.)

10. Update/Redesign my blog. (I love the way my blog looks, but I really need a new header at the very least. Seriously, do I think I'm ever going to be pregnant again? No. No. No.)

(Want to see more Top Tens? Check out Oh Amanda!)


How about you? Are there things you'd like to do that you're putting off until your babies get bigger?

(And are you as obsessed with parantheses as I am?)

7 comments:

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

LOVE.THIS.POST.

First of all, I love the parenthesis (I do that all the time, see?). Second, I can totally relate. Except for the lacking dark chocolate. I think after LB was 2 months old, it didn't affect (effect?) her anymore, so I have eaten my weight in dark chocolate since then.

Oh, the sacrifices that we make for our children. But they're totally worth it, aren't they? (I say as I gaze lovingly at my SLEEPING toddler.)

punkinmama said...

Love it!

But wait... why no dark chocolate? I've not heard of that in relation to nursing before...

Blondie said...

I will go to the bathroom without an audience (that will hopefully be sooner rather than later).

I may even go back to work someday (assuming I stop homeschooling at some point).

(And yes, I love parentheses, too!)

shopannies said...

I agree so much with you about the getting a drink of water by yourself and every mother knows the bathroom routine LOL

Amy said...

So your kids steal your water, too, huh? Thought mine might be the only ones. Glad to know I'm not alone. Lol!

Loved this!

{And, I love parentheses, too!}

Amy said...

And here I thought my children were the only water stealers. Glad to know I'm not alone! Lol!

Loved this!

{And, I love parentheses, too!}

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

Oh do I hear you! Not for one minute would I wish these precious moments away but it will be an interesting future!

Related Posts with Thumbnails