Monday, September 14, 2009

As If My Life Wasn't Crazy Enough...

My life of late is pretty crazy. Consider the following:

My baby is six weeks old today.
My husband is ecstatic that the baby is six weeks old. (Think about it.)
Now that my "maternity leave" is over, I need to start up homeschool again with my 14 year-old and 12 year-old daughters.
My 14 year-old turns 15 in one week. 'Nuff said.
My 3 year-old son will be 4 in November. He knows his numbers, colors and some letters. I should start schooling him, too.

Sound like I've got enough going on? Any sane person would think so, but not me. Oh no, I've decided that now, amidst all the rest of this, is the time to start potty-training my 2 year-old daughter. At this very moment, she's prancing about the living room enjoying her temporary freedom from clothing.

Go ahead, tell me I'm insane. I do.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

Don't be insane, take your time!! You are too busy. Maybe your 3 year old is ready to start learning in more structured ways, but mine sure isn't. I just started homeschooling my 5 year old and he wants nothing to do with it. He will be 4 in a few weeks. My daughter was the same way last year.
Don't guilt yourself! Just feeding, diapering and waking at any given hour is enough selflessness.
Potty training!? If it doesn't go smoothly, give it up and strap on the diapers. I admire your life!! Just take it one day at a time!

Muthering Heights said...

Wow, best wishes with all of that!

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

You are crazy! But I can relate ... my little one just turned six months, I just potty trained my three year old (I found waiting until they are a little older makes it so much easier, started homeschooling my three school age children, I started babysitting thee neighbors two children three days per week and then I do things like buy 240 ears of corn to put up for the winter!

But do enjoy that little one ... they do not stay little for long!

Darcel said...

Sounds like your about to be busy in all sorts of ways :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails