Monday, August 3, 2009

We interrupt this blog for a special announcement...

Just wanted to let you all know that after a weekend of on again-off again contractions, my labor finally kicked in for real in the wee small hours of this beautiful Monday morning.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!

My last pregnancy ended with five days of start and stop contractions before the baby finally came, so I am profoundly thankful that my body is being a little more on the ball this time!

Right now, it's 7:12am, and my contractions are about 3 minutes apart. My husband is getting our bed ready upstairs, the big girls are doing their usual morning chores, the little ones are still sleeping, and I'm getting ready to head into the shower for a bit. I'm having some back labor with this one (also like my last baby), and a hot soak will sure feel good right about now.

I'll continue posting updates on Twitter (@barefootmomlady) for awhile, but once I head upstairs my oldest girl will take over the tweets for me.

Okay, I'm heading off to the shower. Want to be presentable when I meet my new son or daughter. :wink:

More soon...

2 comments:

Amy @ Six Flower Mom said...

I send positive energy your way - wishing you a beautiful, magical delivery!

designHER Momma said...

so excited for you! will be listening in via twitter! take care...can't wait!

Related Posts with Thumbnails