Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Moments With Mary

In the quiet of night you call to me, for this is our time. No other voices, no distractions, I am yours alone as it always was.

The arms that once ached for you now hold you close. Hungrily you seek what I so happily offer. The connection is made, the circle complete, the bond formed.

You rest your head upon my breast, listening for the rhythm you have loved all your life. We sway together, a dance of two hearts bound together with love undeniable.

Softly I kiss your silky skin. Marveling I gaze at the perfection you are. Gently I surrender you to sleep, and dreams of our moments together.

8 comments:

Heather @ Not a DIY Life said...

So beautiful.

I do miss those days.

Miranda said...

That is so sweet, I love it. It makes me ready for another little one. With each one I learn to savory each moment better. Nothing else really matters does it?

Connie Weiss said...

Posts like this make me what another baby....

Muthering Heights and Other Senseless Sensibility said...

That is soooooo SWEET!

Birdie said...

That was beautiful and reminds me of the way God feels toward us. Remember how He described Israel as a baby that was left alone and He cared for it tenderly, or as chicks that He longs to gather under His wings? *sigh* that was beautiful in both realms...

Crazed Mom said...

Mary is beautiful. I'm so glad you have her!!!

HUGS.

Jennifer said...

Lovely. =)

Kelly said...

She is SO Beautiful!! Congrats!
I miss those days.

Kelly-Sher's Daughter

Related Posts with Thumbnails