Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Getting The Nest Ready

July is finally here (woohoo!) I think it's safe to say that I am officially in full-blown nesting mode. I've been scrubbing, sweeping, mopping, dusting, wiping, spraying and wiping again like a woman possessed. Which I guess I am, when I stop and think about it.

Funny thing, though, is that I'm pretty sure the baby dropped in the last day or two. And, as of today, Tiny seems to be slowing down some. I mean, I'm still feeling some movement...I paid particular attention after dinner, when this little one typically likes to start dancing with delight. But I haven't had a single "Wow, what are you doing in there??" moment all day, like I have been.

I realize the accomodations are getting a bit cramped, but I can't help but wonder if maybe, just maybe, this baby isn't going to wait another four weeks. Maybe we're looking at something more like....two weeks?

I know, I've been so anxious about getting to finally see and hold this little one that I could just be psyching myself out. But I'm pretty sure this is what it felt like when I got close to the end with my last two.

Which means, I'd better get on the ball and really start getting things ready.

And have I mentioned that I'm having a homebirth?

So much to clean...so little time.

3 comments:

Donna ~Blessed Nest said...

It is so exciting that you are doing a homebirth! This last month will go fast won't it?! Congratulations!

Night Owl Mama said...

YEP sounds like nesting to me...hey if you get a burst of energy and want to still clean come on over :)

Irene said...

It's been so long since I have "nested"...I am jealous. How exciting for you....hope you have a wonderful home birth!

Related Posts with Thumbnails