Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First Harvest

Yesterday, we picked the first harvest of our vegetable garden. Aren't they beautiful?




And that's just a very small part. We still have several more rows of radishes growing, plus all the other yummy veggies out there. I'm just amazed that these little lovelies were ready so quickly. I certainly didn't expect to get anything out of the garden after only six weeks.

Of course, my only experience with vegetable gardening was a pitiful little plot of cherry tomatoes we grew in the backyard one year when I was a kid, so how would I know? But that's one of the things I love best about our new life out here in the country...that my children aren't the only ones learning new things.

3 comments:

Donna ~Blessed Nest said...

Beautiful! I can't wait until ours are ready! This is my first year with a REAL garden!

Wendy said...

Mine too! Good luck with yours!

Jen @ One Moms World said...

Wow... can't believe you have already got to pick the first batch. I miss having a garden so much. Hopefully next year we will be able too. Eat some for me :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails