Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lost in Transition

Shortly before our move, I lost track of the cord for my digital camera. You know, the one that lets me download pictures onto my computer? I figured hubby must have packed it, and it would turn up eventually. Well, we've been in the house for over a month now, and I still haven't found it.

It's killing me that I can't post any pictures here. Like, how big our garden has gotten already. So far, we have corn, sweet potatoes, peas, pole beans, tomatoes, zuchinni, carrots, radishes, potatoes, garlic and a salad mix of greens. And that's just the first round. We'll be planting different things (like broccoli, cauliflower and pumpkins) in a few months, after we harvest this crop.

Then there's the fruit patch and the orchard. We've started strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, and grapes in the berry patch. The orchard has apples, peaches, plums, nectarines, a hazelnut tree and a sugar maple. I know it'll be some years before we get anything out of the trees, and a year or two before we really reap the berries, but it's fills me with awe to see all these little plants flourishing now, and to imagine what it'll look like in the future.

But what I really miss is being able to share pictures of the kids. There have been so many great moments, watching them laughing and playing in the yard, doing all the cute, wonderful things children do, and seeing how much they've grown, even in so short a time as a month. And for probably the first time in my life, I actually want to share pictures of myself, just so everyone can see my baby belly. Braggish? Maybe, but isn't that a mother's right, to brag about her babies?

So, it looks like I'm going to break down and buy a replacement cable. I'm reminding myself that if we were going to lose anything in this move, at least it was just a camera cord, and not something really important...like my mind.

I managed to find that yesterday.

2 comments:

CanCan (Mom Most Traveled) said...

I lost my cell phone for like 5 weeks. I finally found it in a random basket. Woohoo! Don't give up hope!

The Happy Housewife said...

I lost my cord to my old camera. I ended up buying a card reader for $5, apparently it is better for your camera to use a card reader anyway, not sure why, but a photographer passed that info along to me last weekend.
Toni

Related Posts with Thumbnails