Monday, March 9, 2009

A Dream Coming True

Have you ever seen that commercials that says, "Sometimes, life comes at you pretty fast..."? That describes my life to a tee this past week. Everything's happening so quickly, I can hardly catch my breath.

There are so many little things I could tell you about, but I'm going to skip over those and get to the big news.

This is going to be our home.




The owners accepted our offer, and it's now just a matter of time for all the paperwork and stuff to finish before we start moving in. It's got four bedrooms and it's sitting on three acres. It's everything Hubby and I ever dreamt of, and it's about to be ours!

It's funny...the reality of it all has already sunk in, but I still feel overwhelmed with amazement and gratitude for all God's done to bring us to this place in our lives.

In the meantime, there's so much to be done I hardly know where to start. It's been awhile since I've moved, and our family has grown quite a bit since then, so there's a lot of stuff to sort through as we decide what to pack and what to get rid of. But the timing couldn't be more perfect. The weather's warm again, and I'm nesting. Sounds like a great time to clean house, don't you think?

8 comments:

marye said...

wonderful! Is it vintage? Looks it.

Thia said...

That's awesome. Congratulations.

Ashley said...

The house looks beautiful.

I had no idea you had moved blogs and I'm glad to find you once more.

Ashley

Casual Friday Everyday said...

What a stunning house! I would love to live there! Can we move in? lol

Nell

Wendy said...

Marye, it was originally built in 1856. How awesome is that?!

Thia, thank you!

Ashley, good to see you again, too. :)

Nell, do you know much about farming? lol

DidiLyn said...

Oh.My.Word.
How fantastical is that? I am amazed and very happy for you.
Hurray!

Jen @ One Moms World said...

It is beautiful Wendy. I am so happy for you all!!!

Birdie said...

1800's? Wow!! You've got your own little mini Graceland there *L* Good luck with the bugs. We still have them to deal with. At night when we turn the lights on outside you can hear them pelting the door like gunfire. This year it's beetles. Last year it was the ladybug plague. They all disgust me. At least our wasps/hornets manage to stay outside the house (and in the attic) for the most part. *sigh*
Gorgeous home!

Related Posts with Thumbnails