Thursday, January 31, 2008

Quick Idea

If you ever feel like you're in a rut with pork chops (like I have occasionally), give this a try.

Brown pork chops (bone-in or boneless, either works well) in skillet. Drain off any excess grease and add one can cream of mushroom soup and one can cream of celery soup. Simmer about 15-20 minutes on medium-low to medium heat.

My mother made pork chops like this at least twice a month, and we loved it. The pork came out very tender See what you think.

Tomorrow I'll be trying my hand at making biscotti for the first time. I'm going to be a little experimental with it, so cross your fingers for me and I'll let you know how it turns out.

See you next time!

2 comments:

Laura said...

My mom used to put some Uncle Ben's rice, a can of cream of mushroom soup and a can of water in a baking dish and stire them together. Then she would put the pork chops in this same pan and bake it until the pork was done and the rice was all saucy from the soup!

Wendy said...

My mom hardly ever used rice with her dishes, but I cook with it frequently. Sounds warm and yummy, I may have to try it that way. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails