Monday, January 21, 2008

I Never Would've Thought Of This

I'm so very sorry I was gone last week. Things were beyond overwhelming around here, and I apologize. It shouldn't be happening again. Now, on to the food!

My husband was playing around in the kitchen a little while ago and came up with something I never would've thought of.

Sauteed Apples

3-4 Gala apples (or choose your own variety)
4 tablespoons butter
1/3 brown sugar

Peel, core and slice 3-4 apples. Melt butter in skillet on medium-high heat. Saute apple slices until tender and slightly golden. Add brown sugar. Cook, stirring frequently, until sugar melts, about 10 minutes.

It was so yummy, I could hardly believe it! Warm and fruity, perfect on a cold day like today for a quick snack, or an easy dessert . I think next time, I'll add a little cinnamon, too, just to see what that's like.

Feel free to give it a try and see how you like it. The important thing is not to be afraid to try something different. You never know when you might hit on a winner.

By the way...I've got a new survey up in my sidebar. Take a minute and cast your vote. I might just post a recipe of the winning choice.

Happy cooking!

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Hi Wendy! You can actually make this recipe in the microwave if you're really pressed for time (or just don't want to wait). I slice apples (removing the skin), add the spices, and microwave them on high for 4 minutes. They're delicious!

Laura said...

Sounds so good! Like Bananas Foster, but with apples!

Wendy said...

Hi Bobbi, thanks for the tip!

Laura, you should definitely try it. Mmmm, so good!

Audra Marie said...

Sounds yummy!

Related Posts with Thumbnails